Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Wonderful summer salad. adapted from Company's comming, diabetic cooking 1 serving = 1 fruit & veggie (cook time includes 1 hr chill time)
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 clove garlic
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml liquid honey
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 9.85 ml anchovy paste
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml salt
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus, tough ends broken off
- 354.88 ml red onions, very thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml pitted ripe olives, chopped (optional)
- Process first 10 ingredients in blender for about 1 minute until smooth.
- Chill for 1 hour to blend flavours.
- Steam asparagus for 4 to 5 minutes until tender crisp.
- Drain, rinse in cold water until completely cool, drain well.
- Arrange asparagus on a small platter with onion.
- Scatter with olives.
- Drizzle dressing over top.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This is a nice change for asparagus. The dressing has a little tang from the vinegar and the anchovy paste rounds out the flavors. I cut the recipe in half and had a little extra dressing that I can't wait to use tomorrow when I steam some more asparagus. Unfortuneately my red onion was bad so we enjoyed it without onion. Thanks for this keeper Derf!