Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Culinary Germany. A moist delicious stollen that can be easily made vegan
- 709.77 ml raisins
- 59.16 ml rum
- 1892.72 ml flour
- 473.18 ml lukewarm milk
- 2 compressed yeast cakes
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- grated lemon zest
- 9.85 ml nutmeg
- 473.18 ml butter
- 177.44 ml ground or chopped almonds
- 236.59 ml candied lemon peel, finely diced
- 177.44 ml candied orange peel, finely diced
- butter, for brushing
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Soak Raisins overnight in rum.
- Prepare yeast dough with flour, milk, yeast, sugar, salt and butter.
- Work in almonds, peels, nutmeg and raisins into dough, kneading well after each. Rest for 1 hour.
- Knead dough again, divide in health, shape into stollen shape.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350ËšF for 1 hour.
- While the stollen is war, brush it with melted butter and dust thickly with confectioners sugar.