Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Culinary Germany. A moist delicious stollen that can be easily made vegan
Make and share this Dresden Stollen recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups raisins
- 4 tablespoons rum
- 8 cups flour
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 2 compressed yeast cakes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 cups butter
- 3⁄4 cup ground or chopped almonds
- 1 cup candied lemon peel, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup candied orange peel, finely diced
- butter, for brushing
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Soak Raisins overnight in rum.
- Prepare yeast dough with flour, milk, yeast, sugar, salt and butter.
- Work in almonds, peels, nutmeg and raisins into dough, kneading well after each. Rest for 1 hour.
- Knead dough again, divide in health, shape into stollen shape.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350ËšF for 1 hour.
- While the stollen is war, brush it with melted butter and dust thickly with confectioners sugar.