Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is light, creamy, and very easy. I am not a vegetable lover, and neither is my 1 year old son or my husband, but this is some "good stuff". It would probably be excellent at a pot luck if doubled.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- Wash zucchini, and slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Place in saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 5 minutes, and drain well.
- In a baking dish, place the zucchini on the bottom. Stir in the sour cream and margarine. Top the mixture with the grated cheese, then crushed corn flakes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
I loved the recipe. The family even liked it. But I did change it and used French's fried onions instead of cornflakes. I didn't have any and that sounded like a very good variation.
Talk about an oxymoron!! I couldn't wait to try something called "Dreamy Zucchini"! It lives up to its name though, because it IS dreamy!
The only change I made was to substitute cracker crumbs for the corn flakes! Awesome, the whole family loved this recipe!