- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, for tops
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and 3/4 cup sugar together in a bowl.
- Add egg yolks gradually, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Chill thoroughly, sbout 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop cookies by rounded teaspoonful@ 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each with the bootom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for@ 8 minutes.