Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My own creation of a true stuffed shroom!
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, with juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 roasted red peppers, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Get a casserole dish and place the shrooms down face up. Take out the stems and place them inside the casserole dish also.
- Drizzle the shrooms including the stems with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Keep drizzling with olive oil and some juice from the roasted peppers' jar until soft like a cooked shroom.
- In a seperate bowl mix the cream cheese, peppers, cilantro, green onions, garlic,and pinch of salt.
- Fill the shroom cups. Chop up the stems and garnish on top.
These were okay, but as they were more soaked than cooked, when you cut into them they just sort of squished like a sponge, not a great texture.