Recipe by LAURIE
Tasty casserole, different way to fix the same old spaghetti. Serve with garlic bread and salad and dinner is served. Cook time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I'm a vegetarian so I used 180g of TVP which gave 1 lb worth of 'meat' [which is cheaper and low fat compared to real mince] and threw in a little olive oil with the onion so it wouldn't burn. Laurie's recipes are quite different to what I normally make but that just added to the challenge. And it passed the taste test and my toddler ate it too! Next time I make this I would probably add some mushrooms and some spices to the mince to suit my tastes as I am used to lots of spicey ethnic foods but it is a perfectly good recipe as is. Thanks Laurie!
- 198.44 g package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 2 cloved garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Drain and add tomato sauce.
- In 2 qt casserole, spread 1/2 of the spaghetti.
- Mix together the sour cream, cream cheese and cottage cheese.
- Cover the spaghetti layer with the cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining spaghetti.
- Drizzle melted butter over all.
- Cover with the hamburger sauce mixture.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator at least 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.