Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is just a little different then my other Rhubarb Dessert recipe. See which one you like best.
- 1 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream (optional)
- plain cream (optional)
- ice cream (optional)
- Mix together crust ingredients and press in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes — no longer then cool slightly.
- Mix topping and spoon it onto baked crust.
- Bake for additional 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, plain cream or ice cream.
Loved it ! This is an excellent way to eat rhubarb and it went down well with our dinner guests too. It was a little hard to see when the topping was really cooked or not and so DH who was watching it, put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes as he thought it was a little soft in the middle.. and maybe that wasn't so necessary as it turned out. It was still very nice and I liked the contrast of the sweet base and the more tart topping. Please see my rating system: a wonderful 4 stars and I will be making this for company again. Thanks!