Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Mmm, a yummy easy to make frozen yogurt for peanut butter lovers! I have reduced the sugar in this recipe to 1/2 cup from 2/3 cup, which makes it still plenty sweet. Recipe is originally from the book "Frozen Yogurt". Note: the cooking time is the freezing time. I often use exaporated milk for the skim to make it a little more creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small bowl, gradually add milk to dry whipped topping mix; stir or whisk until well mixed.
- Gradually whisk into peanut butter mixture; then add yogurt.
- (pour and freeze prepared yogurt in an 8 inch square baking pan, cover with foil; freeze until solid (1-2 hours) break frozen mixture into pieces and process in food processor just until soft. Optional- repeat freezing and beating 1-2 more times).
- OR (pour prepared yogurt into a metal mixer bowl, cover with foil; Freeze 2 hours or until firm at edges and semi-soft in centre; beat with electric mixer on med-high until soft; Optional- repeat freezing and mixing 1-2 more times).
- OR use your ice cream maker.
- Yield 1 quart (8 servings).
I would have given this recipe a five star rating, but my husband thought it needed something more, but I am the peanut butter fan, not him. The recipe is simple to make, the ingredients are things (other than the dream whip, which is non-perishable) I would have on hand. The first time I tried this I tried the food processor method and it was a mess. I tried a second time with the ice cream maker and it turned out wonderfully. The recipe has a great peanut butter taste, with a little tange from the yogurt. The only thing I will warn people about is this is 8 "healthy" servings, not 8 bowl fulls. If I make again, I will probably double the recipe as it didn't make near enough for our family. I will also stir some chocolate pieces in while it is still soft.