3 hrs 10 mins
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Mmm, a yummy easy to make frozen yogurt for peanut butter lovers! I have reduced the sugar in this recipe to 1/2 cup from 2/3 cup, which makes it still plenty sweet. Recipe is originally from the book "Frozen Yogurt". Note: the cooking time is the freezing time. I often use exaporated milk for the skim to make it a little more creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, gradually add milk to dry whipped topping mix; stir or whisk until well mixed.
- 3Gradually whisk into peanut butter mixture; then add yogurt.
- 5(pour and freeze prepared yogurt in an 8 inch square baking pan, cover with foil; freeze until solid (1-2 hours) break frozen mixture into pieces and process in food processor just until soft. Optional- repeat freezing and beating 1-2 more times).
- 6OR (pour prepared yogurt into a metal mixer bowl, cover with foil; Freeze 2 hours or until firm at edges and semi-soft in centre; beat with electric mixer on med-high until soft; Optional- repeat freezing and mixing 1-2 more times).
- 7OR use your ice cream maker.
- 8Yield 1 quart (8 servings).
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dreamy Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g