Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mmm, a yummy easy to make frozen yogurt for peanut butter lovers! I have reduced the sugar in this recipe to 1/2 cup from 2/3 cup, which makes it still plenty sweet. Recipe is originally from the book "Frozen Yogurt". Note: the cooking time is the freezing time. I often use exaporated milk for the skim to make it a little more creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small bowl, gradually add milk to dry whipped topping mix; stir or whisk until well mixed.
- Gradually whisk into peanut butter mixture; then add yogurt.
- (pour and freeze prepared yogurt in an 8 inch square baking pan, cover with foil; freeze until solid (1-2 hours) break frozen mixture into pieces and process in food processor just until soft. Optional- repeat freezing and beating 1-2 more times).
- OR (pour prepared yogurt into a metal mixer bowl, cover with foil; Freeze 2 hours or until firm at edges and semi-soft in centre; beat with electric mixer on med-high until soft; Optional- repeat freezing and mixing 1-2 more times).
- OR use your ice cream maker.
- Yield 1 quart (8 servings).