Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great peachy cake! Very easy to make!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- sliced peach
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt 1/3 cup of butter in 9x9-inch pan.
- Stir in brown sugar; spread evenly in pan. Lay peaches covering bottom of the pan.
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and beat.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk; pour over peaches.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then invert on a serving platter.
I was delighted with this recipe, the cake part was light & fluffy and the topping perfect, easy to turn out of pan too! The whole thing was demolished here in one evening and got rave reviews. Thanks for sharing.
The bottom layer was great. The cake part I didn't care for. My advice is make the bottom layer and put a box mix on top of it.