Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh my stars!! This is a cool recipe! I am a coffee-holic..and I LOVE chocolate,this merges the two and perfectly. Well,at least I hope you think so! 8)
- 1⁄4 cup ground coffee
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 baked pastry shells
- whipped cream, to top
- Add the coffee to the milk as it scalds.
- Combine the sugar,flour and salt.
- Mix together well.
- Stir in the milk,cooking over boiling water until it thickens.
- Keep stirring,constantly.
- Add in the chocolate,cook 10 minutes longer.
- Stir on occasion.
- Beat together the eggs and yolk,lightly.
- Add part of the hot mix to eggs,stirring,then place back on double boiler.
- Stirring constantly,cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove,add in the butter and vanilla extract,cool.
- Pour into pie shell,to chill.
- Serve with whipped cream.