Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe developed by my daughter. Truly a DREAM!!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (~50)
- 1 cup baking mix (I use Bisquick)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 ounces lemon curd (I use Diskinson's)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (I use Nando's Peri-Peri sauce)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Clean chicken and cut into bite-sized cubes (about 50). Beat egg in bowl. Coat chicken in egg, turning to cover all sides. In plastic, sealable gallon bag, mix all dry ingredients. Place chicken pieces, a few at a time, in bag and shake to evenly coat pieces. Remove and place in large shallow baking dish that has been lightly sprayed or greased. Melt butter and drizzle over chickn pieces. Bake for 5 minutes, turn each piece; bake an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked. Meanwhile, place lemon curd in microwavable bowl and heat until melted (about 1 minute on high). Mix in honey and hot sauce. Heat again just before serving. When nuggets are done and BEFORE removing from dish, drizzle honey-lemon mixture over nuggets and stir gently to coat evenly. Serve while hot!