Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came from my MIL. Good for luncheons and brunches. Needs to freeze for 4 hours.
Make and share this Dreamy Frozen Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare whipped topping mix per package directions; set aside.
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese and lemon juice; beat until smooth.
- Add in the milk, pecans, and pineapple; stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping and cherry pie filling.
- Put 24 paper baking cups in muffin tins; spoon the mixture into the paper cups.
- Cover and freeze 4 hours.
- One the salads are frozen, they can be removed from the muffin tins and stored in a heavy-duty plastic freezer bag.
This is excellent! I will definately be making this again. As previously suggested, I'll try crushed pineapple next time, but this is really very, very good. Thanks for posting this gem. It's a keeper.
While these tasted good, they are very rich. A little goes a long way. They froze into unattractive little blobs with paper lining ridges running along the sides. Marg's suggestion of using a 13 x 9 pan might create a more visually appealing end product.
This is delicious! I have always used 2 small tubs of Cool Whip too. This salad is perfect for a baby or bridal shower but I serve it at other times too. You can also freeze it in a 13x9 inch pan. Allow to set out a few minutes before serving. Very popular summer salad or dessert.