Recipe by Veggie Girl Kacey
I received a coupon book from Lactantia in the mail, and this was one of the recipes printed in the book. I made this recipe with some heavy changes, but decided to post the recipe in its original form here.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 7 ounces milk chocolate, chopped, divided
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Butter a 10-inch springform pan and line with a round of parchment paper.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate with 2 oz milk chocolate and the butter in a large, heavy saucepan set over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and salt, followed by eggs and vanilla. Sift cocoa powder over chocolate mixture, stir until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top has a thin crust and the edges pull away from pan. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Carefully invert onto a serving plate and remove parchment paper. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup whipping cream in a small saucepan set over low heat. Add remaining milk chocolate; cook, stirring until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining whipping cream until very stiff. Gently fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream until uniformly combined. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Mound chocolate cream onto centre of cake just before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls or dusting of cocoa powder.