Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a basic cheesecake recipe, it's the one recipe I can count on to always bake out the best, and is very easy to make also, it's a blank canvass for any topping you desire, you can substitute any flavor of extract you desire for the vanilla, I have even used 3-4 tablespoons of Irish cream or use any flavor of liquer the possibilities with this cheesecake are endless, for the best results use only full-fat products for this recipe!
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform baking pan.
- Mix the crackers with melted butter, and press into bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla and sugar beat with an elecrtic mixer until smooth (about 5 minutes).
- Add in half and half cream until well blended.
- Seperate the 4 eggs into a bowl (making certain there is no shell) and beat slightly.
- Add in eggs to cream cheese mixture, and beat until combined (about 1 minute).
- Add in the sour cream and flour; beat until combined and smooth.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven heat (keep oven door closed).
- Let the cheesecake sit in the oven without heat for 1 hour (this prevents cracking).
- Chill in the refrigerator about 7 hours (or overnight is even better) before serving.
I made this cheesecake a few months ago. I added chocolate chips to the mix and instead of the graham cracker crust, I used shortbread cookies. I made a dark chocolate ganache to the top of the cheesecake...mmm mmm good!! Next time I'll make a turtle cheesecake. The possiblities are endless.
Well, I THINK I did everything according to the recipe but mine didn't come out creamy at all. It was just another cakey sort of bland cheesecake. So I'm off to keep looking for something that is truly creamy and full of flavor.