Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am forever daydreaming of Italy...particularly Italian cooking. I used ingredients on hand... in the freezer, pantry and frig to create this Tuscan daydream of a soup.
- 2 quarts ham stock
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic flakes
- 1⁄2 cup pasta, uncooked (I used orecchiette)
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, Italian seasoned
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup cream (I used half and half)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring ham broth to boil in large pot. Add pasta, onion and garlic and cook until pasta is about halfway done. Then add chopped tomato, tomato sauce, beans, Italian seasoning and continue to cook until pasta is al dente.
- Reduce heat to low and add cream and bacon and cook until soup is slightly thickened. Add balsamic vinegar and simmer for a few minutes. Add black pepper to taste. Serve to your fellow daydreamers.