Recipe by Carmen B.
This is from Betty Crocker. A definate kid pleaser, big or small. Made these as part of a wedding shower. These will go fast.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker devil's food cake mix
- vegetable oil, as called for on cake mix box
- egg, as called for on cake mix box
- 1 (18 ounce) containerbetty crocker whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350* (325* for dark or nonstick pan). Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, using water,oil and eggs. Cool 10 min;remove from pan to cooling rack.Cool completely,about 30 minute.
- Spoon 1 container of frosting into corner of a resealable heavy-duty food-storage plastic bag.Cut about 1/4" off corner of bag.GENTLY push cut corner of bag into center of cupcake. Squeeze about 2tsp. of frosting into center of each cupcake for filling, BEING CAREFUL NOT TO SPLIT CUPCAKE.
- Frost tops of cupcakes with remaining 1/2 container of frosting.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each cupcake.