1/1 Photo of Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Bars
From the Pillsbury 7th Grand National contest-winners cookbook: "Peanut butter and chocolate layers on a butterscotch cookie base--a rich, candy-like bar cookie." Mrs. Ernest P. Fletcher won for this recipe. It is indeed dreamy, a heavenly combination of semi-sweet chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and buttery deliciousness!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening or 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Blend brown sugar into melted shortening. Cool slightly.
- 3Add to brown sugar/shortening mix: vanilla, eggs (one at a time), beating well after each egg. Add the dry ingredients all at once; blend well.
- 4Spread into well-greased 9x9 or 11x7-inch pan.
- 5Bake in moderate oven (375 F) 15 to 18 minutes until it springs back when touched lightly in the center. Cool slightly (about 5 minutes).
- 6Spread with Peanut Butter Topping, then with Chocolate Topping (see below). If desired, sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Cool; cut into bars or squares.
- 7Peanut Butter Topping: Heat peanut butter with cream in microwave on low heat, stirring til smooth and blended. Do not overheat.
- 8Chocolate Topping: Melt chocolate chips with shortening in microwave on very low heat, stirring just until melted. Do not overheat.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1301.9
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 790.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 105.6 g
- Protein 23.2 g