Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have had this for quite some time, and not sure how I found it. This is wonderful and goes well with icecream, cakes or fresh fruit.Please note: 1 teaspoons peppermint flavor can be substituted for creme de menthe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- In saucepan, combine sugar, margerine, water and syrop.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Boil 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Immediately add chocolate chips.
- Beat with wire whisk or rotary beater until smooth.
- Stir in creme de menthe.
- Serve warm or cool, over icecream, cake or frozen fruit.
So easy to make. Tasted great paired with the Molten Chocolate Cake that I made earlier. Sauce would also be great drizzled over vanilla ice cream.