Recipe by Manda
Easy, refreshing dessert. It can easily be made low-fat/cal. by making cake according to low-fat directions, using sugar-free pudding (w/ skim milk),light pie filling, and fat-free cool-whip...and it still tastes AWESOME!! (Cook time depends on baking time of cake)
- 1 (18 ounce) package French vanilla cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake cake according to pkg.
- directions, using 9x13 inches.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to pkg.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and poke several large holes in cake (I use the end of a wooden spoon).
- Spread pudding on top.
- Let cool completely.
- Spread cherry pie filling evenly over top of pudding.
- Spread cool whip over top of pie filling.
- Refrigerate until serving.