Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Originally from "Family Circle" magazine.
- 1 2⁄3 cups pretzel crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup water
- gelatin, 1 envelope, unflavored
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries, divided (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese or 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Knead together pretzel crumbs and butter in plastic food-storage bag.
- Press over bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate. Chill in refrigerator.
- Bring water to boiling in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatin over top.
- Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Reserve 16 berries.
- Transfer rest of berries to food processor. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Add superfine sugar and cream cheese; blend.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Beat cream and confectioners' sugar in medium-size bowl until soft peaks form.
- Set aside 1/3 cup whipped cream; fold remaining into blueberry mixture.
- Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Spread in pretzel crust.
- Dollop or pipe reserved whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with reserved blueberries.
- Chill 1 hour.