Recipe by A.M. Collins
This is heaven. I got it from a friend, who got it from a friend...needless to say kids and adults love it.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Wow, was this dreamy concoction ever delicious! I used 2 cans of pineapple with two large apples. The vinegar gives a subtle flavor that is refreshing. I can't imagine ever tiring of this recipe! Roxygirl
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 ounces crushed pineapple, juice reserved
- 1 red apple, cored and seeded and chopped into bite size pieces (I like to add a bit extra)
- 1 green apple, cored and seeded and chopped into bite size pieces (I like to add a bit extra)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir flour, sugar, tapioca (very important that it is instant) vinegar and reserved pineapple juice.
- Put in small sauce pan and cook or medium low heat, stirring until thick.
- Remove and chill.
- In a big bowl mix apples, pineapple,almonds, raisins and chilled tapioca mix.
- Stir together.
- Add whipped, thawed topping.
- Chill for one hour before serving.