Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 mins
A lite dessert in calories and taste.
- 1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 ice cubes, plus additional water to fill measuring cup to make 1 cup
- Heat up one cup of water.
- Place orange jello mix into small mixing bowl and pour hot water on top.
- Mix until jello is dissolved completely.
- Next, add 3 ice cubes to the same measuring cup and add water to the 1 cup line.
- Pour this into jello and let set for five minutes.
- While the jello is cooling, drain mandarin oranges and set aside.
- You can omit this step if you don't want to add oranges.
- With an electric mixer, beat in instant vanilla pudding to jello mixture.
- Once again, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Now fold in whipped topping into jello/pudding mixture until well blended.
- Fold in mandarin oranges.
- Place in refrigerator until mixture sets.
This was a really easy dessert to put together. My daughter liked it a lot, but my son and I thought it had a funny aftertaste. I think I would like it better if I used regular gelatin and pudding mixes, instead of the sugar- free mixes I used this time.
I've also been making this recipe for a few years. I especially like it made w/ sugar free white chocolate pudding and sugar free Coolwhip. I recently tried it w/ strawberry sfree jello, chopped/pulverized fresh strawberries, sfree coolwhip. My family went wild over it. We liked it better than the orange. Enjoy!
This is really good. Will make again> Easy to make lo cal and lo fat.