Recipe by Franny Bosser
Cookie mix in a quart jar for gift giving. Layer ingredients in a 1 quart wide mouth jar in order given. Press each layer firmly before adding next ingredient. Attach a card to jar with the recipe directions on it.
Top Review by tjaskolka
This was a fun and different recipe. I tried it out because I had some leftover Tang to use (no one like drinking it, lol!). The "Dreamsicle" description better describes how it looks than how it tastes, the vanilla chips and orange drink flavors do not blend into the creamy orange taste that I associate with "Dreamsicle", but it is a treat, nevertheless.
- 1⁄2 cup Tang orange crystals
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter or 1⁄2-1 cup margarine, very soft
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Empty jar of cookie mix into large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- Mix until completely blended, finish mixing with your hands.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
- Place 2" apart on sprayed bake sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes until tops are very lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on bake sheet then move to rack.