Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't made this one yet, but it sounds very yummy! I plan to try to make it sometime this holiday season. I found it in a cookbook called "Gifts in a Jar --Bars & Brownies"
- 1⁄2 cup instant Tang orange drink
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla chips
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, eggs, vanilla, and water.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir until the mixture is well blended.
- Spread batter into a lightly greased 9x12 pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
Okay--I'm so sorry to do this reveiw---This recipe is awful. I really hope someone else will try this recipe.(1) Don't try to cream the butter and eggs with the water.add the water AFTER you get get the butter and eggs creamed. These bars would not get done in the middle--I used a glass pan,don't know if this had anything to do with it.I use glass pans for most of my cakes,and never had a problem.I had to throw the bars away.I can not explain the taste, any other way but awful. I wanted this recipe to work so much,and it sounds yummy.:0(