Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I forgot how quick and easy and inexpensive this pie was! My sister made this a while back, and I'm so glad she did! This is such a great summer pie...light and fluffy and can be made with any flavor pudding to please everybody! I also use a little bit of Cool Whip on top to make extra yummy! This recipe is from the back of the Dream Whip box.
- 2 (1 1/3 ounce) envelopesdream whip brand whipped dessert topping mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups cold milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesjell-o brand instant pudding mix, any flavor
- 1 baked graham cracker pie crust
- Beat whipped topping mixes, 1 cup of the milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on high 6 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
- Add remaining 1-3/4 cups milk and pudding mixes; beat on low speed until mixed.
- Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Garnish as desired.
- Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
I have been making this recipe for over 30 years- since it first appeared on a jello-o pudding or the dream whip box. I have used a lot of different flavored puddings over the years and have even used the sugar free variety and skim milk. Today I tried white chocolate jello-o pudding( sugar free) and layered thinly sliced fresh strawberries on the bottom - in the middle- and on the top! Turned out great!
This recipe is so easy. I have a friend who says she cannot make desserts. They never turn out. I gave her this recipe. She now makes it all of time. The pie is delicious!
Excellent and easy. I did chocolate and plan on a coconut next time.