Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a very old cookbook put out by the wives of some dental students at the Medical University of SC in the early 70's.
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 can sour cherry
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package orange Jell-O
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 bananas
- Cool Whip
- 2 9-inch graham cracker crusts
- Combine pineapple, cherries, flour and sugar.
- Cook until slightly thick.
- Add dry jello; cool slightly.
- Add sliced bananas and chopped pecans.
- Pour into pie shell, top with Cool Whip and chill.
I remember this recipe from my childhood. My grandmother made these pies each Sunday for weeks because us grandkids begged for these. My little grandmother died last year at the age of 96. Thanks for the memories