Recipe by COOKGIRl
From the November 2004 issue of First magazine. I like the added touch of the "hearts" with each serving.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Dreamy for sure! I made this just as written right down to the heart piping (it wasn't the most artistic but looked cute). The chevre cheese is the perfect choice for this. A nice break from the ordinary broccoli soups. Thanx for posting this!
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 709.77 ml fresh broccoli or 709.77 ml fresh Broccolini, chopped
- 946.36 ml fresh chicken stock, divided
- 236.59 ml buttermilk, divided
- 85.04 g goat cheese, divided (chevre is a good choice)
- 1 fresh bay leaf, bruised
- 0.25 ml freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stock pot, cook the onions over medium heat in the butter for about 8 minutes. Add broccoli and half the stock; bring to almost a boil.
- Using hand held immersion blender, puree the broccoli mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining broth, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 2 ounces of the goat cheese, bay leaf and nutmeg. Heat for 5 minutes but do not boil.
- Adjust seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- In a plastic bag combine the remaining buttermilk and cheese. Mix together. Snip the corner of the plastic bag.
- Pipe dots on top of the soup, dragging a toothpick through the dots to form "hearts".
- Serve warm.