Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is my original recipe, created this very afternoon, while messing around in the kitchen wondering what to make. Since its a very special day for me today(being 4 years since I met my BF on the net on this day on ICQ at 8pm!), and since I love mushrooms, I decided to give everyone a home-made treat with mushroom pulao. Came up with this after a little thought and besides the taste, we all love the aroma of this rice while its cooking. I served this with spinach curry and a dollop of low-fat yogurt and I was in heaven!
Top Review by Miss Annie
What a flavorful side dish. The rice absorbed the flavor of the veggie broth. The garlic added another depth to the rice. I served this as a side dish for a lamb curry, and it was delightful. Thanks dear Char for sharing your creation that will go into my tried & true cookbook. :-)
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed and drained
- 1 (425 g) can mushrooms, washed,drained and thickly sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Firstly, prepare the vegetable broth.
- For this, add 1 cube of'Maggi Vegetable stock with onion' to 3 cups of water.
- Allow to boil until the cube has completely dissolved in the water.
- Set aside.
- Now, heat oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet.
- Add in the chopped onions and garlic.
- Saute on medium flame till golden brown.
- Add mushrooms and continue to saute for 4 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and rice.
- Stir once, bring to a boil.
- Lower flame, partially cover and cook on medium flame till the broth has evaporated and rice is ready.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with a dollop of low-fat yogurt and your favourite vegetarian curry for a memorable summer lunch.