Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on the MSN website...I didn't see anything quite like it on here so decided to post it even though I haven't tried it yet. But it looks super easy and yummy and I can't wait to try it! Note: the recipe calls for a cool time and a stand time of 1 hour each.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- sifted powdered sugar
- fresh strawberries (optional)
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and butter, bring to boiling.
- Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition.
- Drop mixture in 8 mounds, 3 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer cream puffs to a wire rack; cool.
- Cut tops from cream puffs; remove soft dough from inside.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the nonfat milk.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill.
- To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into the bottom half of each cream puff.
- Replace tops.
- Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
- If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries.
I liked this recipe, I did only use the pastry though. I don't know if I did something wrong whipping up the pastry, but the puffs did not turn out quite the way I was expecting. They were very small, I guess I am just used to bigger puffs. The next time I make these I will probably double the dough recipe for bigger puffs. Thank you for a nice recipe though, the flavor was good.
I couldn't believe how easy these were. I did skip the mint since I garnished with strawberries, but other than that, I followed to a T. Thanks!