Recipe by HeatherP
This recipe is one of the first I ever learned to make. My mom would let me help her make them while I stood on a chair in our kitchen. Great comfort food.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I was looking for different Christmas cookies to make and wanted to try this bcz it looked easy and was no bake. I followed the recipe exactly, except using Sucanat instead of white sugar. I poured it out onto parchment paper and let it cool. However, it is not hardening up. I have to eat it with a fork. It tastes good, but not really a "cookie".
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepot mix milk, cocoa, butter and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the mixture starts boiling continue boiling for one minute while stirring continually.
- Remove from heat and add oats, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Pour onto a cookie sheet and cool.
- Cut into serving size squares.