Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Sherri35
What a great recipe! I made a batch (using peanut butter chips and no macadamia nuts) and took them with us on a trip with several other families. They were a huge hit with everyone. The oats have a great texture that made some people think there was coconut in the cookie. I'll definitely be making these again and next time will try using chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a large cookie sheet; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and shortening using an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; beat until combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Beat in flour and cocoa powder on low speed just until combined; stir in oats, chocolate pieces, white baking pieces, and macadamia nuts with a wooden spoon.
- Drop dough by a ¼-cup measure or scoop 3 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Press into 3-inch circles; bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or just until set.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute; transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.