Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious dessert that was carried to many pot lucks and bake sales. Everone always loved it!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 4 -6 ounces crushed walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- Bake cake mix according to directions, using a 9 x 13" glass pan.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare pudding mix according to directions.
- With a large fork, prick the top of the cake all over the surface, going all the way to the bottom.
- Spread the pineapple and juice all over the top and allow to seep inches.
- Spread the prepared instant pudding on top of the pineapple.
- Spread the cool whip completely over the top, and sprinkle with crushed nuts.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Mamie,maked your Dream Cake for My Easter dinner.I ask for stars and got the 5*.I didn't put the nuts on the cake because one grandson has braces,and has to be careful. I will put the nuts on next time when he isn't coming to dinner. The only thing I would like to try different is use Whipped whipping cream for the topping.I made the cake the day before and then finished the rest of the steps this morning.Thank you for posting this very tasty cake :0)