Recipe by lbandbuggy
I do not know where I got this recipe, but I have been making it since I was a teenager. It is a multi-layer cake, and although it may seem like a lot of trouble, it really isn't, and it makes a wonderful moist and flavorful cake. Even if you don't like the specific flavors of the layers (as I don't), somehow they all seem to go together well. The cool whip frosting gives it a nice, light taste.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 3⁄4 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup black raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, orange juice, and eggs until moist. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured round cake pans, and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cake is cooking, combine pudding mix and milk, and chill.
- Slice cooled cake into 4 even layers (I use thread to easily slice the cake layers).
- Layer cake in the following order: put a bottom cake layer on the plate, spread with black raspberry preserves, cake layer, pudding mixture, cake layer, apricot mixture, top cake layer. (Do not spread the fillings to the edge of the cake, be sure to leave a small border of cake so that they do not leak out of the sides).
- Frost the entire cake with plain Cool Whip.