1/2 Photos of Dream Bars
Found the original recipe in King Arthur Flour's Baking Companion. I reduced the sugar content and I prefer them that way. You may also melt some chocolate chips and spread over the bars. You won't regret it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick/4 oz.)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (2 oz.)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (4.5 oz.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 300F.
- 2Cookie Layer: In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- 3Stir in flour and salt.
- 4Mixture will be crumbly.
- 5Pat the mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- 6Bake for 10 mins, while you prepare the topping.
- 7Increase the oven temperature to 325F.
- 8Topping: Combine sugar, flour and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl (I've used the same bowl without ill result).
- 9Stir in the eggs, mixing until smooth.
- 10Add coconut and nuts, mix until well-combined.
- 11Spread the topping onto the cookie layer, as evenly as possible (wet your fingers and spread).
- 12Bake the bars for 30 mins, until golden brown.
- 13Remove from oven and let them cool (in the pan).
- 14Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- 15Or spread melted chocolate chips over the bars.
- 16Cut them into 2 1/4 inch bars when completely cooled.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dream Bars
Serving Size: 1 (846 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g