Recipe by prettypatty2000
I love this recipe, because my husband and I love coconut. And they are so easy to make.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these bars as part of a finger foods counter for a group I host each month ~ something different from the usual 'brownie' & chocolate variety! They were very tasty & went over well with the group! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and butter until particles are fine, use low speed of mixer. Press into bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups brown sugar with eggs just until blended. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Spread over partially baked crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. When cool, cut with a sharp knife.