- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (60g)
- icing sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Place butter and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into large bowl, stir in the butter mixture, the coconut and egg, mixing well.
- Spread into a greased 19cm x 19cm lamington pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into bars. Sift a little icing sugar over the top, if desired.