Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A chocolate and coconut brownie like slice!
Make and share this Dream Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (60g)
- icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius.
- Place butter and sugar in a saucepan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Allow to cool.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into large bowl, stir in the butter mixture, the coconut and egg, mixing well.
- Spread into a greased 19cm x 19cm lamington pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into bars. Sift a little icing sugar over the top, if desired.
These were very good, nice and crisp. They were made as per directions. My pan may have been slightly larger than called for but the bars baked up nicely. Made for *PAC 2008*