Prep 20 mins
Cook 33 mins
A nice bar cookie with a base and filling which includes cornflakes, coconut, and nuts.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Cream butter.
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and flour; cream well.
- Press into prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Beat eggs. Add 1 cup brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt; mix well.
- Add corn flakes, coconut, and nuts; stir well.
- Spread over the baked crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe is so good. I originally found it on the side of a Kelloggs Corn Flakes box back in about 1966. I lost the recipe and have not been able to find it until now. I had even contacted the Kelloggs Company trying to locate this exact recipe. Thank You!!! This recipe is similar to Magic Cookie Bars but not as rich. The name describes them best.
Heavenly! I made this today and they were inhaled by my family! This one's a keeper, thanks!
Mmmm, just what I was craving! I added in some mini Hershey kisses and couldn't wait for it to cool, just had to have a piece. Easy to put together and oh so tasty.