Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
the name says it all! I use pecans..but am sure walnuts will work well
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup nuts, chopped
- mix crumb layer and pat into a buttered 9x9" pan.
- bake approximately 10 minutes at 350* til slightly browned -- for bar mixture.
- mix all ingredients together.pour over baked crumb layer --
- bake again at 350* for 20-25 minutes or till brown --
- cool and cut into bars.
Very rich and decadent -- and there's just no way we'd cut these into 24 bars -- not in this house! I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup in the topping, otherwise followed recipe exactly. Good baking project to do with kids, heavenly-tasting results!
These bars are yummy! The only thing is my family dose not like coconut so I put in 1 cup choclate chips instead they were heavenly.