A quick, easy very tasty meal. This is one of my own concoctions. Everyone that has tasted it has loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the Onions, using the olive oil.
- 2Add the diced chicken pieces, season with the Paprika, Thyme and Garlic while frying.
- 3Prepare whatever sort of Pasta you like (I use Penne for this one).
- 4The Microwave method for cheese sauce can be very tricky. I've messed it up enough times over the years. You'll know it's not right by the way the texture. As yet I haven't found a sure fire way of stopping this from happening, it just requires being watched, much like stove top cheese sauce I guess.
- 5Using a deep dish approx 15 cm in diameter, place the butter in the dish and Microwave on High for 30-45 seconds.
- 6Should be melted when removed.
- 7Add Flour and combine.
- 8Add the milk (DON'T MIX YET, it goes lumpy if you mix it at this point).
- 9These times are only a guide. Be sure not to let the sauce boil for more than a few seconds. The texture may become a bit grainy if it boils for to long.
- 10Microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- 11Add the cheese and mix.
- 12Microwave on High for another 2 Minutes.
- 13Remove occasionally to mix and check thickness.
- 14Alternatively you can prepare your cheese sauce using the stove top method.
- 15For this recipe you want the sauce to be a bit runny as it will be added to the Chicken and left to simmer for 5-10 minute.
- 16A tasty variation is adding Chopped Green Peppers.
- 17Add them while seasoning you don't want them to get soft.
- 18I'm sure that Mushrooms could be added to this recipe.
- 19Fry them up and add them just before combining the sauce with the Chicken and onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drastic Chicken (Variation of Chicken Ala King)
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.1
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.8 mg
- Sodium 804.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 68.3 g