Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from A Feast of Scotland. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cinnamon stick, 2-inch
- 10 peaches, peeled, pitted and halved
- 4 tablespoons drambuie
- Combine water, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon stick in a pan and cook over very low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil rapidly one minute.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Put peaches in syrup and return to heat.
- Poach peaches over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Let fruit cool in syrup.
- Stir in Drambuie.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Yumm, I love fruit desserts. I halved this recipe and did not peel the peaches. (my bad) It was great, we really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting,Chocolati. Made for ZWT 6.