Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another delicious taste of Scotland from Christopher Trotter's "Scottish Cookery". Note:This ice cream is similar to a parfait.
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 6 egg yolks
- 7 fluid ounces double cream, whipped lightly
- 3 tablespoons drambuie
- In a small saucepan add the water and sugar and bring to the boil for a few seconds, remove from heat.
- Over a bain marie whisk egg yolks until pale and light in texture.
- Add the hot sugar and water mix.
- Whisk together until it forms a ribbon.
- Remove from heat and continue to whisk until the mixture is cool.
- Add the Drambuie and whipped cream.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.