Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this one in Prevention - Original recipe from Mollie Katzen.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- red pepper flakes
- Heat wok or deep skillet. When hot, add oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Raise heat to high and wait about 30 seconds. Add the green beans and season with salt to taste. Cook 3 minutes, using tongs or shake to turn and move beans to cook them quickly and evenly. Continue to cook till desired doneness.
- Season with garlic and red pepper flakes to taste and continue to cook for another minute.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Very simple, but a very nice flavor. It's the simplicity of this that makes it so good. I used frozen thawed green beans so I only cooked them for about 1 minute. The beans were just the right tenderness and had that "seared" garlicky flavor. I can't wait for the spring green beans! Thanx!