Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great soup for cold days.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thinly
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- In a large saucepan,saute the celery and the onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the gravy mix and seasonings gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat stir in the potatoes and cheese.
- Cook and stir until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted.