Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans lima beans
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soul seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Saute garlic.
- Then cook the bacon until slightly brown on the edges.
- Next mix the bacon, garlic and the rest of the ingredients; cook until beans are hot about 15 minutes.
I had an old lima beans and ham in sour cream recipe that I was hoping I could find on Food.com. I didn't find it, but I did find this recipe for lima beans with sour cream. I deleted the bacon and added cut up ham instead. I also added more sour cream to make it a little creamier. Excellent! The addition of some soul seasoning added just another dimension of flavor. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe turned hohum canned lima beans into really great. (Eventhough I did not use the soul seasoning or ground red pepper as these hot spices don't agree w/some members of the family.) Easy and quick is good too. This is a real keeper. Thanks Range Rover.
i made these it sounded a little scary at first but it sure was tasty