1/3 Photos of Dragon's Breath Sticky Ribs
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The name comes for the use of 2 full heads of the delicious and sweet roasted garlic. A delicious recipe that is sure to get rave reviews from your family or guests. Make sure that that you have plenty of napkins on hand. Dig in and enjoy! Please note: If you want sauce for dipping you might want to make additional.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 lbs country-style pork ribs, bone-in (8 meaty ribs)
- 1 medium carrot, cut in thirds
- 1 celery rib, cut in thirds
- 1 small yellow onion, cut in quarters
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Place the ribs, carrot, celery, onion and thyme in a large pot, cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 30 to 45 minutes; drain.
- 2While the ribs are precooking, place the soy sauce, mustard, brown sugar, honey, hoisin sauce, tomato paste, ginger and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan. Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp into a small dish, mash and add to the pan stirring to combine. Bring to a low boil and cook until ingredients are well blended and warm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Remove the ribs from the water, pat dry. Discard the boiling water and vegetables. Place ribs on a roasting pan that has been lined with foil and baste generously with the sauce. For easy release, spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray or use easy release foil.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place the ribs in the oven and cook until fork tender; about an hour, basting every 15 minutes with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dragon's Breath Sticky Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.1
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 234.9 mg
- Sodium 1030.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 60.9 g