Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fantastic cake! Rave reviews all around. Moist, dense and great lemon flavor. Inspired by a cake posted on thedragonskitchen.com --- with a few changes to suit my love for lemons and fresh blueberries!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups blueberries (tossed in 1 tablespoon flour)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- blueberries (to garnish)
For the Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons limoncello (or replace this with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or corn syrup)
- lemon zest (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 12 inch bundt pan. Be sure to really get in the grooves of the pan so it will come out easily.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Beat in flour in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes on medium-high. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
- For the glaze, in a small bowl, mix together confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice, limoncello and syrup until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the cake and let it roll down the sides.