1/2 Photos of Dragonfish Chinese Barbecue Pork
This is out of the 2003 edition of KCTS Chefs cookbook. It was sent in by Executive Chef Michael Weeks from the Dragonfish Asian Cafe in Seattle, Washington. Cooking time does not include marinating time. I finally made this and had to cook the pork an additional 15 mins. The meat is so tender and full of flavor. I hope you enjoy it. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1Clean the outside of pork removing all fat and silver skin.
- 2Mix marinade ingredients together, reserving 1/4 cup of marinade for basting while the pork is cooking.
- 3Place pork in remaining marinade (marinade should cover pork).
- 4Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- 5If you marinade less then 24 hours the full flavors will not develop; if you marinade for over 48 hours the marinade will desiccate the pork and the texture will suffer.
- 6Arrange pork on a broiler pan or a wire rack fitted into a sheet pan.
- 7Fill with 1/2 inch of water (water should not touch pork).
- 8Place in 325° oven.
- 9It will take 25 to 30 minutes to cook the pork, basting every 7 to 9 minutes and rolling pork over to baste all sides evenly.
- 10As with all roasted meats you should allow it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
- 11This will maintain the natural juices in the meat.
- 12Serve while still warm; slice 1/8-inch thick and arrange on platter with accompaniments.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dragonfish Chinese Barbecue Pork
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.1
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 1161.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder
Chinese hot mustard