Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Mystery meat, a small dragon's flame sac and hot spices make up Dragonbreath Chili, a consumable in World of Warcraft. Are you skilled enough in cooking to make this dish? A shout out to the Bronze Kettle for the recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef and 1 lb ground turkey or 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chili-garlic sauce (recommend Huy Fong brand)
- Rough chop the pepper and add it to a small sauce pan. Add 1/4 cup of water and bring to a rolling boil. Strain out the pepper and set the remaining water aside.
- Brown meat in a large skillet or pot. Drain grease out, if necessary. Once the meat is browned, add cayenne pepper, onion powder, paprika, beef broth, pepper water, tomato sauce and regular water. Cook over medium heat for 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Add chili powder, cumin and chili garlic sauce. Cook an additional 30 minutes over medium heat. Serve hot with sliced spice bread, cornbread, or over hot rice.