Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful vegetarian delight...I hope! I haven't tried it yet, so if you do, please let me know how you like it. Prep time includes standing tofu at room temp for 20 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional) or 1⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Whisk soy sauce into peanut butter in small bowl. Press tofu lightly between paper towels; cut into 3/4" squares or triangles. Place in single layer in shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over tofu; stir gently to coat all surfaces. Let stand at room teperature for 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4" thick slices; cut each slice into 2x1/4" strips.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut and chili oils; heat until hot. Add garlic, zucchini and yellow squash; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu mixture; cook 2 minutes or until tofu is heated through and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring ocasionally. Stir in spinach; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cashews if desired.
This dish was quite good and very easy to prepare. Substitutions I made were: instead of zucchini and squash I used red and yellow peppers. I also used extra hot chili oil. It was very good. Thanks!