Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
A wonderful vegetarian delight...I hope! I haven't tried it yet, so if you do, please let me know how you like it. Prep time includes standing tofu at room temp for 20 minutes.
Top Review by jdneamon
This dish was quite good and very easy to prepare. Substitutions I made were: instead of zucchini and squash I used red and yellow peppers. I also used extra hot chili oil. It was very good. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces firm tofu, drained
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach leaves (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional) or 1⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk soy sauce into peanut butter in small bowl. Press tofu lightly between paper towels; cut into 3/4" squares or triangles. Place in single layer in shallow dish. Pour soy sauce mixture over tofu; stir gently to coat all surfaces. Let stand at room teperature for 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/4" thick slices; cut each slice into 2x1/4" strips.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peanut and chili oils; heat until hot. Add garlic, zucchini and yellow squash; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tofu mixture; cook 2 minutes or until tofu is heated through and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring ocasionally. Stir in spinach; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cashews if desired.